Disclaimer:

~The views and opinions expressed here are of the blog author and not necessarily of CCAPSG as a whole~

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Real Life Stories: Clairvoyant meets Jesus


By Lee-Ann Kelly

Many people who develop an interest in Paranormal activity may have at some point been to a clairvoyant, Tarot reader or Fortune Teller.

Clearly some of these people are gaining information from the spiritual realm. Claims to see loved ones that have “passed over” knowledge of things the clairvoyant could not possibly know. Often visits to clairvoyants bring comfort to those grieving for their loved ones and a sense of peace that they are happy and will meet again with them someday.

Before becoming a Christian I was one of those people who on a few occasions sought insight into my life and future from “mystics” I also spent a few years learning tarot, healing and psychometry (ability in which a person can sense or "read" the history of an object by touching it).

I denounced all of these crafts well before becoming a Christian as I was made fully aware I had opened doors to a spiritual world which were not of God and I again denounced all of my past involvements on becoming a Christian and accepting Jesus into my life.

As Christian’s (followers of Christ) we are made very aware of the spiritual realm both good and evil through Gods Word and what God Himself reveals to us. God clearly tells us not to seek fortune tellers :

Leviticus 19:31 "'Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20:6 "'I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people.



Spirits can easily masquerade as a loved one and in turn lead you in a direction further away from God and His plan for your life. The easiest way to put it is that God created you in His image with a purpose and destiny in Him and His kingdom so God wrote the instruction manual for you and your life so who better to ask for guidance that the designer! If you bought a new Television you wouldn’t want to read a Washing Machine Manual to set it up! The enemy on the other hand will deceive at any opportunity if it means leading a person away from God’s grace,salvation and plan for your life.

The last time I visited a Clairvoyant was January 2004. Why would I remember the exact date? Read on to find out!

I was staying in Tammworth for the Country Music Festival when I stumbled across a Physic Fair. Why not I thought. I paid my money and took my place at a small table across from a man in his 40’s. I was ready to hear what the future had in store for me and was single at the time so keen to hear of the prospect of a new relationship. The man reached across the table and took my hands in his, closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. “Here we go” I was thinking. Already sceptical of what he was going to say.

A minute passed and suddenly the man jolted back in his chair at the same time letting go of my hands. His eyes were wide as dinner plates and the blood drained out of his face. I was feeling pretty shocked and scared at that moment. What on earth had he seen?

His voice quivering he stammered out the words “Jesus is with you”. I remember smiling at him and saying “I know” as a feeling of amazing peace flooded through my entire body. He repeated “No..you don’t understand” “Jesus is REALLY with you”. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and again smiled and said to him “Yes I know”.

At any moment I thought this guy was going to drop off the chair!

He then said “ No Jesus is standing right next to you! I saw Him!”.

I smiled and said to the guy “ Well I guess thats all I really need to know” and I thanked him and got up and left leaving him sitting as white as a sheet with his mouth open to the floor.. I skipped around all day knowing that Jesus was with me!

Just 3 months after this happened I met a lady who began sharing the Gospel with me. I picked up a bible for the first time in my life (other than short stints of reading in hotels over the years).

My friend had advised me to pray before reading the bible that God would reveal His truth to me. I never forget praying and opening the pages and there staring back at me in red was the following scripture spoken by Jesus. "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." -- John 14:6

As I read each day the words literally jumped off the pages! I discovered that the spiritual hunger I had felt for years, the same hunger which drove me to study many religions and occult practices was now finally being fed. Reading for hours each day I discovered that through the bible God was speaking directly to me and showing me His love for me and the plan he had for my life.

Lee-Ann Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment